Sonntag, 27. November 2011

Upgrading my systems, Minor Problems ahead

Hey, has everybody upgraded to 12.1? Experienced some problems? For me there has been some minor problems with the switch from 11.4 to 12.1. Of course i upgraded via dvd.

First on my Thinkpad: The upgrade was just fine. No Problems. The reboot takes quite long cause it hangs on some harddisk related issues when booting, i need to take a closer look. When it has started the network connection button is just lost, but thats a real minor problem, cause you can simply add it in KDE, a bit weird is that i had to type in my root key about 6 times to add this button. Also strange is that it does not show my home network, just when disable/enable of the wifi it shows up.

On my desktop: Also the upgrade via dvd worked just fine. Only Problem that it just changed the order of my two harddisks. So i had to edit (hd0,0) to (hd1,0) at the grub menu and change it via yast. The network connection has the same problem as on the Thinkpad. What is remarkable is that firefox is slow as hell. First i thought on my internet connectivity, but konqueror works fine.

On my dev-server: Here i upgraded via zypper and yast, as shown in my blog http://suseserver.de/?p=41 everything was just fine. No problems since the upgrade. Yesterday the machine runs into some kernel panic which i need to take a closer look to.

But as said these are only minor Problems. I already did a reinstall of my dev-server and made some nice screenshots on the textinstall. I told you about. I had no problems with this system yet.

So have a lot of fun